[SLUG] WIreless Network problems

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 08:36:04 EST

Good Morning All
A while back I wrote about having trouble getting my Linksys wpc11
wireless pcmcia card working.

Well, I upgraded to Redhat 8.0 it works now, but not really well. Let
me explain. I followed the directions for RH 8.0 I found at
http://www.saragossa.net/LinuxG3/ls-wlan.shtml The directions were
pretty good and I got it to work,but not all that well.

The problem is range and packet loss. I can barely get twenty feet from
the access point (Linksys WAP11). However, same pc running win98 the
range is almost double and I have very little packet loss.

Perhaps there are some configuration options I can set to improve the
performance?

Regards
Russ W