Re: [SLUG] Sending Mail...works for now

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 11:03:50 EST

> What enormous idiots. NEVER AGAIN!

I completely understand frustration with lousy tech support... But remember,
for most ppl in tech support, this is their first IT job. They have little
to no experience, training, or knowledge. Often, they don't know the
escalation path (if there is one)... And management may not provide support
the technicians need. Once the TechSupport ppl learn enough to be effective,
they find better/more challenging/better paying jobs.

I speak from experience. My first IT job was at a Help Desk. I knew close to
nothing about computers, and less about networking. I had only owned a PC
for about 3 months, and was thrown into the fire, so to speak. But, I
learned a LOT, and quickly. Once I got to the point to where I could pretty
much handle anything thrown at me, I moved on to a "real" IT job. And some
other poor, non-technical schlub took my old spot.

This is in no way an excuse for poor tech support... It's just the reality
in most cases. So, please have patience with those poor tech support guys :)

Doug
Does this post belong on the Politics list?