[SLUG] autofs not working

From: Michael C Rock (mikerock01@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 20:16:36 EST

I am trying to get autofs to work between my two RH boxes and have not been successful as yet.

On my server, NFS is running and the directories have been exported: I
have been able to manually mount them on my other box using the mount
command. I have also been about to mount them on the other box by
putting an entry in the fstab file.

My auto.master file looks like this:

/misc /etc/auto.misc --timeout=60

My auto.misc file looks like this:

mytest -rw compaq:/usr

the server names are ast and compaq:

I have started the autofs daemon using:

service autofs start

and checked it with service autofs status

when I go to /misc,,, there is nothing there.

/misc exists as a directory but mytest does not,,as is required.

I have been doing all this as root, but wonder if I should put the
no_root_squash parameter in the auto.misc file.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

Michael C. Rock

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep,, to gain what they cannot lose"