Re: [SLUG] Postnuke

From: Kai Lien (kai@lenseco.com)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 13:55:42 EST

Did you install the php-mysql rpm package?

php-mysql-version-number.i586.rpm

To check your php installation, use phpinfo();

<? phpinfo(); ?>

save above as info.php and open this file from your browser. You will
learn many things regarding your php installation.

Kai

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Diego Henao wrote:

> Ronan thanks a lot for answering my question. I have a question; do you
> have any idea how I can change that if I didn't compile that manually?. I
> am doing this question because my Redhat already comes with all those
> packages installed.
>
> Thanks a lot again.
> Diego Henao
>

> >> Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in
> >> /var/www/html/install/newinstall.php on line 36
> >>
> >> I am positive the problem is between mysql and php, but I don't know
> >> how to fix that.
> >>

> > This doesn't sound like a problem between PHP and MySQL. This sounds
> > like your version of PHP was not compiled with any support FOR MySQL.
> > The entire mysql_pconnect() function is a mystery to PHP. This is not a
> > problem with your running MySQL server or parameters.
> >
> > --ronan

- --

Kai Lien

DSA key ID 39BD44C0

Lense Consulting Company
www.lenseco.com

Fortune Cookie of the Day:

Don't stop to stomp ants when the elephants are stampeding.