Re: [SLUG] autofs not working

From: Michael C Rock (mikerock01@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Nov 03 2002 - 15:26:29 EST

I guess I do not under what you mean by " when you ask for it" . I have
been assuming that just running autofs that the shares were
automatically mounted.

If this is not the case, just what command do I run to mount these
shares via autofs?

Your auto.net is a bit too techinical for me, not being a programmer. I
need a simple one line example that works :o) Mine apparently do not!

I ran yours and got the same results. That is I put your examples in my
auto.master and auto.net and auto.misc files and then ran autofs and
then went to the /mnt directory and ,,,nothing was there.

I know you said the example was simple,,, however I guess I am a bit
simpler than your example.

Michael C. Rock

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep,, to gain what they cannot lose"