RE: [SLUG] webhosts and data centers

From: Travis B. Creighton (tron@computron-usa.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 13:02:26 EST

If you would, shoot me some info in the areas of dedicated hosting. I
am expanding my business of on-site sales & service / network design /
security / WLAN, etc to include hosting since a computer makes for a
cheap employee. However, where I am currently at, I'm not too happy
with because of various problems.

I'm currently getting my bandwidth from Jtel (CLEC) downtown but he
appears to be spam friendly and just a couple of days ago underwent a
DOS attack where they ping flooded the broadcase address with a spoofed
IP making it look like it came from within the NOC. I don't want these
headaches and down time.

I most receintly looked at Peak10 just north of TIA but found their
bandwidth pricing to be grossly expensive. Candid has some decient
bandwidth pricing but I don't want to support their porn habit.

I'm new to linux and will be obtaining some formal training at HCC. I
host on RH with Cpanel/WHM as my front-end so it isn't a major problem
yet. However, I do need a "managed" solution in regards to CoLocation
or dedicated services.

Sincerely,
Travis B. Creighton
CompuTron