Re: [SLUG] dhcp.conf and DNS servers seem OK but Konqueror has name resolution failure

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 07:10:36 EST

John Clay wrote:
> Hi Ronan;
>
> $ ping www.google.com
> ping: unknown host www.google.com
>
> John

Now you know for certain that Konqueror is not part of the problem. Can
you send the contents of your /etc/resolv.conf file? I think that the
way your dhcp client is supposed to set the DNS server info is by
updating /etc/resolv.conf (setting the dhcp-acquired DNS server
addresses into /etc/resolv.conf).

In the past, I have worked with dhcp clients that worked in this way; I
am not aware of any other mechanism for a dhcp client to setup your DNS.

--ronan