Re: [SLUG] Cable/DSL routers

From: Peter S. (ter450@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 20:10:39 EST

http://www.worldwidewardrive.org /
One of many sites focusing on "WarDriving". "Of the almost 25,000 wireless
access points surveyed, only 35 percent used Service Set Identifier (SSID),
a default security feature in the 802.11b protocol. Only 28 percent had
Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) enabled. Of those using SSID, less than 4
percent also use WEP."