Re: [SLUG] Movielink

From: Mindspring (savatage@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 22:22:40 EST

Well if you have a card like the ATI ALL in Wonder Radeon 7500, 8500 you can
run the line out to your VCR and record while it is playing.

How ever though to run it in a high enough resolution to make it full screen
it is very nasty looking blurry and blotchy.

So it is ok if you are only running half screen size at max on a Computer
Monitor.

So quality maybe on a scale from 1-10 you will get a 6 you be the judge.

OBTW you have to download the movie so if you have broadband you have about
a hour to 2 hours as ZDnet reported. On a T1 then you can in about 30 min.

This is nothing that is worth while yet however this is their attempt to
stop p2p sharing.
The only other thing is I heard that they are using Microsoft's ASF format
for these as well. and after 24 hours the file will delete it's self.

Bill Preece