Re: [SLUG] W2K and RH 8.0 and NTFS

From: corey@serviceweb.net
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 11:33:41 EST

This is a good subject. I run winxp/linux on my dell laptop. I'd suggest that
you dump lilo for grub and most of your problems will disappear. LBA problems
are a thing of the past as linux and the bios on new machines have accepted the
new drives out there. If you let grub install on the boot sector then you will
have no issues where on the drive that linux is booting from. If you need to
setup 25-50 megs on the begining of the drive (using partition magic this is
quite easy) and make that your /boot filesystem.

HTH,
Corey