Re: [SLUG] First Aol Computer

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 15:07:17 EST

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 14:41, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:
> The *real* AOL/Linux deal will come when there is a real AOL client for
> Linux, either for a specific distritbution or on some sort of
> AOL-branded computer or computer-like device. That'll give Linux users
> full access to all the cool AOL "inside" features -- the gay chat rooms,
> special purchasing deals you can charge to the credit card you use to
> pay for your AOL account, access to NFL scores through an AOL keyword
> instead of through NFL.com, and all that over and above the famous AOL
> "Start" page.

Egads -- a *real* AOL client for Linux. Hopefully, we'll never see this.
The last thing we need is to dumb down the Linux community with a piece
of software that self-promotes itself as "The easiest ever -- even your
pet rock can use it".
AOL on Linux would further support the theory that we are being fattened
up and dumbed down for the impending Alien Horde(tm).
Resistance is futile.

--
Matt Miller
Systems Administrator

"An improperly trained Samurai dies quickly."