Re: [SLUG] W2K and RH8.0 dual boot

From: TheExploited (chinvi@streamyx.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 03:01:41 EST

Yeap you should have win2k installed first then linux.Winblows writes to ur
MBR .
If i'm not mistaken RH8.0 installs Lilo as the default boot loader for
you.What i did for my box is i boot from my MBR.But i think you should be
able to do this from /boot itself but i'm not really sure if it must be the
first partition in ur hard drive (eg./dev/hda) or not.But you might wanna
write to ur MBR anyways.
you can get a detailed explanation and steps on how to configure GRUB here
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/s1-custom-kernel-bootloader.html
you should be all set in minutes.Personally i prefer Grub to LILO.
Regards,
Victor