RE: [SLUG] W2K and RH 8.0 and NTFS

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 13:46:53 EST

On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 12:45, Mikes work account wrote:
> I have both W2K and RH 8.0 running. W2K boots from the MBR and Linux
> boots from my boot disk. How in the world do I get it all booting from
> Grub and eliminate the W2K booting from the MBR??
>
> How do I remove the MBR record and will that let Linux just boot from
> Grub?

IIRC, "grub-install /dev/hda" should install grub into your MBR. I would
verify with the man pages first. Make sure your GRUB config is setup
correctly to recognize the respective partitions/drives your OS' are
installed on.

--
Matt Miller
Systems Administrator

"An improperly trained Samurai dies quickly."