Re: [SLUG] Linux distributions

From: Prasun Gupta (pgupta@ringling.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 15 2002 - 16:17:55 EST

I need to install a package which requires a generic kernel.
I have a machine that has IDE bus with scsi controller card and harddrive is scsi. For some
reason after trying numerous times with all kinds of changes, the machine would hang at bootup
at the point of

NET4 was installed
I was never able to progress ahead of that...

On the same machine, I have redhat 8.0 running, and I had absolutely no problem installing it...
So, I felt maybe, if I could find a installer, or a distribution, then maybe I could have a generic kernel
installed without any problem !!!!!!!

--Prasun