[SLUG] Boot Drive

From: btt (btt@nethouse.com)
Date: Sun Nov 17 2002 - 10:27:01 EST

Hello.

I have inside my machine two hard drives. One is Gentoo and one is
Windows ME.

/dev/hda is the gentoo, ata primary
/dev/hdb is the window, ata secondary

as i understand the man lilo.conf page, in order to have lilo boot the
windows drive, i need something like this:

other=/dev/hdb
        label=win

and that should do it. But it doesn't do it. When I select the win
option in lilo, it just acts as if lilo re-loads (ie, the countdown
restarts, etc.). I remember using this method to dual boot linux and
freebsd in the same manner, but with windows it obviously doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.