Re: [SLUG] Suncoast LUG Meetings

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 09:55:16 EST

>>Once again, anyone who wants to have an informal gathering in lieu of
>>the formal -- but cancelled -- meeting is welcome at my Bradenton home
>>at the meeting time/date above.
>>

>Sounds good to me. Should we RSVP to this? I will finally be in town
>for a SLUG meeting. I was bummed the meeting was cancelled.

Seems to me you just did. Last time we had a non-meeting at my place, 5
or 6 people showed up and we just had a general chat and hung out. No
structure. I was thinking of looking at OSCommerce this time because a
lot of people around here are trying to make a living with Linux/Open
Source, and I've been evaluating content management systems and
storefront/catalog type software anyway, so maybe we can all help each
other.

I assure you, this is a *ripe* area for Web development (mostly very
simple brochureware) because such a tiny percentage of local businesses
are online, and from what I've seen in Bradenton/Sarasota, the market is
dominated by a few overpriced FrontPage shops that could easily be
knocked off.

- Robin