Re: [SLUG] Can't print from xpdf - can print from other apps - how to resolve xpdf problem??

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Mon Nov 18 2002 - 12:54:06 EST

On Monday 18 November 2002 10:30, John Clay wrote:
> I'm able to print just fine from OOo, StarOffice and other apps but not
> xpdf. I also can't find a print configuration tool to tell xpdf to print
> to any particular printer. Any ideas as to the remedy??

xpdf just dumps to raw postscript to "lp". If your "lp" device doesn't handle
postscript, you need to configure a print filter that uses ghostscript to
convert the postscript to something your printer can handle.

You might want to try GhostView ("gv"), or KGhostView ("kghostview") and see
if they manage to print correctly. I have problems with them occasionally,
however.

Alternatively, you can use the commercial acroread (Adobe Acrobat Reader 4 for
Linux) - which usually renders PDF files without incident.

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>

(This message bound by the following: http://www.nks.net/email_disclaimer.html)