Re: [SLUG] DNS hosting

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 09:48:58 EST

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 09:15, Syd Alsobrook wrote:
> Network solutions may be the most expensive but they do have solid DNS. The
> last time I registered with then you could get 3 years for $60.

Do you mean Verisign (NetSol no longer exists)? Verisign has been
accused of many transgressions including deceptive practices. There are
many documented cases of people inadvertently transferring registration
to Verisign as well as people having difficulties transferring domains
away from Verisign. I would personally steer people away from Verisign
for the same reasons I would steer people away from Microsoft.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=verisign+domain+deceptive+practices
http://www.domainscams.com/
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=verisign+domain+difficulties

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- An improperly trained Samurai dies quickly.