[SLUG] Asus GeForce4 Ti4200 and RedHat 8.0

From: Craig Zeigler (craig@caffeine-addict.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 22:49:00 EST

I hope this isn't a truly stupid question, but could someone please help
me with an Asus GeForce 4 Ti4200. I can't seem to get X to configure
properly. It fails the X test no matter what changes I make. I'm using
the proper video modes, and have manually set the frequencies of my
monitor. The monitor is a ViewSonic PF790 which is not listed on the
install. I have SuSE 8 and 8.1 running, and they have no problems with
it. Do I need to compile my own drivers? The Driver package from NVIDIA
is the same version that is included with RH 8.

thanks,

Craig