[SLUG] The Ole Apple IIe

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Sat Nov 23 2002 - 00:57:51 EST

Ok folks here is something that me and Diane are dying to find out.
My sister brought out a ole Apple IIe Pc to the house today.

I found this on Linux Guruz webpage
http://foldoc.linuxguruz.org/foldoc.php?6502
I am wondering is there actually a version of Unix/Linux os that will load
on this thing?

If by some shocking chance there is I would love to load this thing with it
and perhaps show it some time at a meeting or when do another show just to
show that even 20 year old personal computer can run it.

BTW this was a Bday present to Diana from my sister. She says if it can be
done we are going to load it.
Also interesting note there is scanners, modems, and even a cga monitor on
ebay for this thing. As well as a ton of manuals and users guides.

Russ we believe you are the one who would know the answers to this.....

Thanks
Bill Preece