RE: [SLUG] Continuing firewall/router difficulties-corrected text

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 17:41:20 EST

I have a continuity tester, it saves a LOT of time and agony.

> If you crimp your own wires, (1) use an Amp tool. Spend the money and get
> one. There is no substitute (2) remember that there are separate connector

Yes, indeed, that is the only way to go. The cheap ones soon show just
exactly what they are.

> models for solid and stranded (the way the blade pierces the wire during
the
> crimp cycle is different) and (3) you will have better luck overall in
keeping
> the wires straight when placing into the plug body when using solid wire.

I found out about the connectors the hard way, but at least it was not
a critical place.

> If you break that many, then IMO you're either crimping them badly so they
> fall out (see item 1) or your users are incredibly sloppy and careless. I
> always use solid and have 100% success during crimp and have no problems
> afterwards.

These are sales people, I do not think I need to say more. But at
times I think they use them to tie one another up at night and practice
S&M.

There were a couple of them that would ask me to go with them on
sales trips to talk about radio, but I think it was so I would set
up the demo and they would not have to touch it. They were the
group that gave the least problems.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com