[SLUG] trying to run screen

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 06:25:32 EST

I'm trying to run screen on a Redhat 7.3 system and each time I try:
screen vi somefile
I receive the message on the terminal that says.
no more PTY's
Sorry could not find a PTY

when I look in /dev I can see 275 PTY's.
How can I get screen to work? Do I need to configure something to use
more than on PTY? I can get 1 pty if I ssh in but screen apparently
won't start any more for what ever reason.

Should "screen vi somefile" work when you ssh into a host if the host
has screen installed (well at least rpm -qa shows the screen package).

Thanks
Mike M.