Re: [SLUG] Linux Missionaries

From: Todd Robinson (mtrob@penguix.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 22:47:03 EST

I commented the same to Paul off list. This opens a bigger discussion
of the competency of our missionaries, some default rate to charge,
professionalism, ground rules of conduct, basic understanding of
liability, more...

I think it's a great idea, and would even like to see maybe some
advanced level of SLUG that could be oriented towards training. SLUG
SAGE? We could have an unofficial competency grade for missionaries,
then if there was enough interest we could organize training for LPI or
RH certs.

Hmmm, lots of questions... Should there be some fee to join and should
some of the missionary rate go back to SLUG SAGE? This could help
offset the cost for cert. training materials. Certainly working as a
local group would make studying for these certs easier. With some
already cert'd people in the group, pre-test Q&A would make for a better
prepaired candidate. And, certainly this would make for better job
prospects.

My $.02

Todd

--