Re: [SLUG] bogus info?

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Dec 13 2002 - 12:40:06 EST

On Friday 13 December 2002 12:04, you wrote:
> I self proclaimed "expert" tells that - no uncertain terms - that Unix (and
> Linux) trash hard drives after two-three years. What he says is that
> because of the heavy load that Unix puts on the heads and actuator, they
> wear sooner than they would on a M$ box. Could this have been true at one
> time? I've been in this game a while (albeit on the M$ side of the fence,
> but on the Linux side for about 3 years now. Sounds like bunk to me. Any
> thoughts?
The person who told you that is spreading misinformation and it Never was true
for Linux or any unix type op sys I am familiar with. Hard drives typically
wear out in 4-5 years on Any operating system. Could you please enlighten us
as to this person's identity? This is no point in protecting the guilty.
Smitty