Re: [SLUG] PC Anywhere Equivalent Available for Linux?

From: Doug Koobs (dkoobs@dkoobs.com)
Date: Wed Dec 18 2002 - 22:18:51 EST

You can also enable compression in SSH, which may help minimize the
perfomance hit when tunneling VNC through SSH. I would definitely recommend
tunneling it through SSH. Using VNC alone, the only thing that is encrypted
is the password when you begin the session.

Also, you don't need a linux at both ends. I use Putty (a free SSH client
for Windows http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty ) which
allows you to tunnel traffic based on source port and destination
address:port. If you need to connect to remote Windows machine, though, you
may have to pay for a SSH server; I haven't been able to find any free SSH
servers for Windows...

Doug