Re: [SLUG] A Challenge....

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Sat Dec 21 2002 - 13:46:04 EST

> I think you mentioned how "commercial" solutions for this problem were
> expensive? This may be the reason why. If I had unlimited funds to do
> something like this, I'd probably use a grid of lasers. Or maybe
> gravitic mass detectors. Or possibly force field perturbation anomaly
> encoders. Using positronic neural nets, of course. ;-}

You're talking about using a row of sensors vertically on the side of the sluice...why not have them across the top/bottom as well, effectively creating a grid? That would eliminate the problem of having one fish behind another, because the fish would set off different sensors in the y-plane, even if they had blocked the same ones in the x-plane. You have to buy more sensors, but it saves a LOT of effort in the software department.

Levi