Re: [SLUG] Broke my Log-In

From: Robert Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Sun Dec 22 2002 - 21:59:22 EST

On Saturday 21 December 2002 00:55, you wrote:
> Browsing as root (and creating hidden cache files in /root) has
> been known to fill up / drives.
>
> du -s -k /* | sort -n
>
> and work down through the directory structure.

Jim,

OK, that gave me lead as to where my problems might be. There was a
lot of stuff there that I didn't realize was there. Deleted some,
moved others, so now I have a little breathing room.

Question for you. In /proc I found a 130 meg kcore file. Can I safely
delete that? Also, can I delete my remaining 10 megs in /tmp, as long
as the dates don't coincide with my present boot process??

Thanks so much,

Bob S.