[SLUG] looking for a PDF indexer

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 10:11:24 EST

During my months of job searching. I've been printing any jobs I apply
to, to a .ps file and converting them to PDF. Just cause everything is
saved in one file.

But after months of job searching I've accumulated a number of PDF
files. What I would like to be able to search all the pdfs for a text
string. Something like a grep for PDF files. Can anyone offer any
suggestions? I've looked at somethings on freshmeat.net such as namazu
but I couldn't get it to work :( though it seemed like the idea
solution.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I don't need anything to fancy just a
simple grep with regx type of searches would be just fine. Maybe
converting a PDF to text and piping that to grep?

Thanks
Mike M.