Re: [SLUG] NEED HELP Spam filter

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 15:09:27 EST

On Monday 23 December 2002 12:23, Levi Bard wrote:

> Sounds like you may be looking for something like the "Anti-Spam SMTP
> Proxy" ( assp.sf.net ). Proxy all their mail through this before it hits
> the exchange(ugh) server, and voila! There are probably several similar
> things, as this would be a topic of great interest to UNIX/Linux admins
> universally. I've heard many good things about junkfilter (
> junkfilter.zer0.org ), but it's only for use with procmail, I believe.

I've never used that one. The ones I recommend are:

SpamAssassin http://www.spamassassin.org (weighted rule based filtering)
Razor http://razor.sf.net (collective public SPAM tagged filtering)
BogoFilter http://bogofilter.sf.net (statistical Bayesian filtering)

Each of these represent a different way of handling the same problem.

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>

(This message bound by the following: http://www.nks.net/email_disclaimer.html)