Re: [SLUG] Printing problems on Suse 8.1

From: robin (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 31 2002 - 21:23:31 EST

> P.S. Are you sporting a turban now, "Prince Abdullah Linuxallah, just
> back from Jordan" Roblimo?

That's India, Logan. Jordan and Arab countries wear kafiyahs (think
Lawrence of Arabia), not turbans. And they already have
a King Abdullah II, whose picture is billboard-sized all over the place.
     But I had a good time. I even got to see a beta version of the
Linux-driven, Open Source Qu'ran Search Engine that shows and/or reads
(audio) Mohammad's words in 6 languages.

A hugely foreign country in many ways, but the Linux crowd was not
notably different from anywhere else - except they tend somewhat more
toward coffee than beer. (And yes, even though Jordan is nominally
Muslim, they have lots of cheap local beer...)

- Robin