Re: [SLUG] Getting around a bios password

From: Patrick Grantham \(at work\) (pwgrant@cssi-fl.com)
Date: Wed Jan 08 2003 - 11:01:21 EST

There is a jumper pin pair on the motherboard of HP's. You'll have to the
Vectra's model and serial for the tech spec on HP's website for it's
location, they move it around with each release. It's usually near the
clock battery. Be sure to remove the battery first. This jumper is
basically a short and will drain the battery in just a few seconds.