Re: [SLUG] What are the ~T and ~V characters?

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 13:21:57 EST

Sounds like you would want to use a hex editor to see the
absolute value of each char in the file.

I am not sure how '~t' and '~v' show up as a single char.

In the absence of that you may want to try 'od' on the file
which will show the octal value of each char, then you can convert
that value to hex, if it is below 0x20 it will be a control character.
Perhaps there are chars (non-printing) in there being used as
Group Separators or Record Separators or such etc.and all that
junk was somehow imported into the HTML. (od = octal dump)

If you then have an octal lookup chart you can skip the hex conversion,
that was just to make it easier to identify the char you're seeing.

That's MY one rupee's worth anyhow

Bob Foxworth