[SLUG] User-mode-linux presentation?

From: Ian C. Blenke (ian@blenke.com)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 15:35:33 EST

I'd like to ask Tampa members on the list if they would enjoy a
down-to-earth presentation on running Virtual linux servers using
User-Mode-Linux? (http://user-mode-linux.sf.net)

I had wanted to give a demo of linux clustering, but this simply would
not interest most of the SLUG membership (due to complexity alone). UML,
on the other hand, will change how you use Linux on a daily basis. Even
relative novices can handle UML Builder (http://umlbuilder.sf.net) to
produce test machines to play with various distributions.

We've been running User-Mode-Linux for a few months now, and I'd like to
educate the local community to its benefits and use for everything from
playground desktops and development sandboxing to production hosting.

Does this interest enough of the Tampa folks to make it worth the
effort?

- Ian