[SLUG] Card reader problem

From: Maureen L. Thomas (elgato513@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jan 11 2003 - 05:55:42 EST

I tried everything to get my machine to read the flash card on my Kodak
DX3700 and couldn't get it to work. I just bought a Kodak card reader.
 Its universal for 29 bucks at walmart. My system recognizes it but I
can't figure out how to get the pics off the media or even read them.
This is what my system says in dmesg

hub.c: USB new device on Bus 2/2, assigned device number 5
SCSI:SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage device
Vendor: Kodak
Model: CF/SD/MMC/SM
REV: 0108 Type: Direct
Access ANSI SCSI Revision 0
sda Read Capacity failed

I have /mnt/camera set up
and its /dev/sda

after that I'm lost. I would really like to get this up and running. I
have pics on there of my son in his HonorTeam uniform at the Christmas
party as well as the rest of the team and would like to get them printed
out. I really appreciate your time and patients with this.
Maureen