[SLUG] procmail Introduction at Sarasota Meeting

From: Matt Moen (mattlists@younicks.org)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 19:45:14 EST

I'll be giving a brief talk about using procmail. It will cover the
basics of setting up procmail, as well as a brief introduction to making
procmail rules.

Given some of the recent complaints on the list about certain threads
(and people's desire not to see them) this should go over well.
Procmail also comes in handy for sorting mailing list mail into
appropriate mailboxes. (Yes, many mail clients can do this, but
procmail is better for reasons I'll get into during this talk.)

(Normally Mark makes announcements like this, but I mailed him about it
and haven't heard back...he must be really busy.)

Directions:
Baker is located on the East side of the airport.
If you stay on University you will end up on the south side of the airport
and then curve around to the west side of the airport.

Don't forget to turn at the 7-11 on University Ave onto University
Parkway, which is one stoplight past 301. You will pass Sun Hydraulics on
your left and a set of railroad tracks. The map doesn't show it that
clearly http://www.bish.net/directions/

Baker Electronics/Honeywell
8323 Lindbergh Court
Sarasota

Baker Electronics is a secure facility, and doors lock at 5pm. The
meeting room (off the parking lot) will have a piece of paper with a
large X in the window. Please tap on this window to be let in.

--
Matthew Moen