[SLUG] Lindows

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 02:12:52 EST

False administrivia bounce....

----- Forwarded message from slug@lists.nks.net -----

Subject: [SLUG] Lindows
From: Jim Lange <jlange1@tampabay.rr.com>
To: slug@nks.net

I've never tried Lindows, but a friend of mine bought it.
Here are some excerps from an email he sent me. I did ask him first if
I could
share his experience with the group. He tried it on six different
computers ranging
from AMD K6-2 500s to PIIIs and hard drives 1 to 40 gig. He is very
computer literate
and has taught me quite a few things about computers. It sounds to me
like he had a
bad experience.

"Hi Jim: I have asked the Lindows folks repeatedly to d*l*te me from
all of
their junk email lists, but they continue to flood my emailbox. I received
a reply from my PROPERLY SENT member inquiry that told me "your inquiry was
not properly sent, (and therefore) no answer would result because of it".
Then they said I had to become a MEMBER in order to access the user help
area, but I had had to enter my member ID and password just to get to that
area! I have no good feelings for this product anymore, since I really
tried hard to make it work on SIX assorted computers here but I never even
got ONE of them to boot up! I do consider myself to be highly knowledgeable
about computers in general... <snip>... But anyway, I think I
got taken for a ride bigtime in purchasing this Lindows product, and their
after-sale support has been very very poor." <snip>

----- End forwarded message -----