[SLUG] xmms & Red Hat 8

From: Norbert Cartagena (gnorb@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 11:46:16 EST

Hey guys;

I seem to be having a bit of trouble with XMMS on Red Hat 8. It seems
that xmms doesn't like the idea of playing anything, especially MP3
files or streams. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, deleting
the .xmms file, changing the output plugin (aRts, OSS, and eSound),
yelling at clouds... but nothing happens. In fact, even when though I
load an MP3, it doesn't even put the listing on the Playlist. I've yet
to try out any .ogg files, (can't find any to download and try), but
most of my collection is MP3 anyways. Any hints? Has anyone had a
problem like this before?

I'm using this on my Dell Inspiron 8000. Sound card is Maestro 31 PCI
Audio Accelerator.

Input Plugins are as follows (I'm gessing these are standard?):

CD Audio Player (libcdausio.so)
Id Software.cin player (libidcin.so)
MikMod Player (libmikmod.so)
Ogg Vorbis Player (libvorbis.so)