Re: [SLUG] Redmond 8.0 <aka Redhat 8.0> loosing time

From: jlange1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 14:15:29 EST

> Is anyone else having problems with Redhat 8.0 loosing time? My system
> is loosing 27 mins every three hours.
>
> If this isn't a Redhat 8.0 problem. I guess I'll have to look other
> places for a problem. Any ideas?
>
> Mike M.

I don't have that problem, but I don't allow any of my RH8 boxes to freerun. If
the box is connected to the internet via a network, just enable network time
protocol and select a site. I usually just pick the first one time.nist.gov
The computer then reaches out to the internet and steals the time from the
government. They've got a lot of extra time on their hands.
hth Jim