Re: [SLUG] Redmond 8.0 <aka Redhat 8.0> loosing time

From: steve (steve@itcom.net)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 19:39:16 EST

On Friday 17 January 2003 13:49, robin wrote:
> Mike Manchester wrote:
> > Is anyone else having problems with Redhat 8.0 loosing time? My
> > system is loosing 27 mins every three hours.
>
> Do you mean "loosing" in the sense of "giving freedom to" 27
> minutes every three hours?
>
> If so, there is nothing to worry about. The Minute Liberation
> Front will probably award you a free meal at The Restaurant at
> the End of the Universe before long, including at least three
> Pan-Galactic Gargleblasters.
>
> Units of time don't breed well in captivity, so it's good to make
> sure there are plenty of them in the wild. A "Minute Sanctuary"
> is not part of the Corps of Engineers Everglades restoration plan
> yet, but I think it would be a great thing to add. Perhaps
> someone can have this brought up in the legislature?
>
> It is just as sensible as the Mass. resolution to declare "6" the
> official state number -
> http://www.state.ma.us/legis/history/h01304.htm
>
> Of course, if you meant "lose" all this is moot, and the lost
> minutes are probably hiding under your bed, cold and hungry, and
> you should gently coax them out, hug and feed them, then put them
> back in the computer where they belong. Many minutes, once tamed,
> do not do well on their own, so this is often kinder than simply
> taking them out in the country and releasing them.
>
> - Robin

Well Robin,

It has been suspected for long time, and here we have the evidence!
You've gone coocoo! Lost your marbles! Fallen off the train, etc!

Meanwhile you've given the rest of us nuts a good insight into lost
minutes. We thank you from the bottom of our pitless grapes, or
something like that!!

: )

--

Steve Szmidt ________________________________________________________ Sometimes the shortest route is not the fastest, jump of a building!