Re: [SLUG] Nokia releases developer suite tools for Linux

From: Ian C. Blenke (ian@blenke.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 14:12:09 EST

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 04:32:11AM -0800, William Coulter wrote:
> Can you do this with any of the new phones? I am going to buy a new phone in the next month and
> would like to be able to do this. Unlimited flat-rate anywhere? Like Earthlink or verizon, etc.

Sprint's PCSVision network is a 2.5G 1xRTT network. If you get a capable
phone and a PCSVision plan, you have a flat rate unlimited public-IP anywhere.
Just like a dialup. It can be faster or slower depending on the cell,
congestion, etc. Speeds are rated from 56k to 144k (generally somewhere
in-between).

Noone else offers a flat-rate server yet like this. When they do, I may
switch.

- Ian