[SLUG] Skipstone browser

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 23:59:45 EST

Hello,
    I just tried Skipstone( http://www.muhri.net/skipstone/ ) again today
for the first time in a while, and I have to say I'm impressed. It's
FAST (just barely slower than Links's GUI mode, which itself is just
barely slower than Link's text mode), it has most of the features of
Galeon including full NS/Mozilla plugin compatibility (yes, even
Java), and it renders beautifully, since it shares Mozilla's Gecko
renderer.
    I have been going back and forth between Links (not so pretty, and
lacking in plugin support) and Opera (a little slower, some of the
plugins e.g. JAVA not fully compatible/functional) as my two main
browsers, but I thiink that, after a little more testing, Skipstone
will replace them both. The only downside is that the Skipstone
install requires Mozilla, since it uses Mozilla's renderer, but I'm
trying to think of Skipstone as a small addon to Mozilla that triples
its speed, and that seems to be helping to put my mind at ease.

Levi