[SLUG] Snoppix Problem

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 18:48:33 EST

This message is forwarded from a new member on the list, who's not aware
that we don't accept HTML email. However, since he's dealing with a
Snoppix (SLUG Knoppix) problem, I thought it deserved to be cleaned up
and posted anyway. Please assist if you can.

----- Forwarded message from slug@lists.nks.net -----

Subject: Knoppix 3.1
To: slug@nks.net

Greetings

I am a newbie with Linux and recently acquired a copy of the beta test
Knoppix 3.1-sdc1 at a Dunedin meeting of SLUG.

I booted the CD and after changing the language to english, received the
following messages: PCI: can't allocate resource region 9 of bridge 00:02.0;
can't find knoppix file system; a message indicating default to a minimum
shell and a short list of line commands followed by "Kernal Panic".

Can someone give me some pointers about what to do?

Thanks