Re: [SLUG] Training ? (non-member submission)

From: Levi Bard (levi@bard.sytes.net)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 21:11:14 EST

> This came from Russell Hires who tried to post from an unregistered
> e-mail address:
>
> Or any linux training company?
>
> I've often thought we should get together to train ourselves...I believe
> that
> we could get the necessary materials from (for example) SAIR and then
> read up
> and get together once a week for study sessions. Just like in college.
> Naturally, I can only suggest this and not participate since I work at
> night,
> and wouldn't be able to join in...
>
> Russell

This sounds very desirable and feasible to me: pooling our funds (or SLUG funds ;) to get some training materials for a "real" cert. However, the costs of the exams themselves will still remain fairly prohibitive (at least to me; I currently don't have an employer who will sponsor me), at $750 for a RHCE, $100 for each of 6 LPI tests, or $100 for each of 16 SAIR tests. Maybe we could apply for a grant...

Levi