Re: [SLUG] Novell

From: Ian C. Blenke (ian@blenke.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 21:33:04 EST

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 01:58:47AM +0000, Ronald KA4INM Youvan wrote:
> > Has anyone had any success in connecting a Linux box to <and pay
> >close attention to this> an **IP ONLY** Novell NetWare network ?
>

> Why would it seem be different from an Unix IP network, what is different
> but still IP?

It's Novell's Core Protocol (NCP) over IP, not NCP over IPX.

This is sort of like SMB over Netbios vs SMB over IP (TCP 139) vs SMB native
(TCP 445).

As far as I can tell, it is not possible to use NCP over IP with Linux
with anything OpenSource I can dig up. This doesn't mean that it's not
possible, merely that I've not had to deal with this yet (thankfully ;)

- Ian