Re: [SLUG] printing from windows 2k to linux with cups

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 13:58:25 EST

Mike Manchester wrote:

>This is driving me nuts. I've read a bunch of stuff on the net about
>printing from windows to a Linux server running cups. Windows can see
>the shares on the Linux server and even the printer but I can't get any
>output from the Linux machine to the printer. And there are now errors
>generated on the windows machine it just sends the job and nothing
>happens.
>
>Anyone have any more ideas I can try?
>
>Mike M.

    I have seen this posted somewhere not long ago...Linux Gazette
maybe? I recall that the fix had something to do with the data format
that Windows sent and cups trying to filter that data.

    Is the Windows box sending data to the printer as raw? If not, maybe
cups is not interpreting the data correctly and that may be your problem.

    Jeff