[SLUG] wvdial problem

From: R. Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 18:37:35 EST

Hello Sluggers,

Need help on a nagging long time problem making wvdial work.
I can connect with kppp.

I can successfully dial up my ISP with wvdial. It negotiates login,
password, and the PAP secrets thing and then abrubtly hangs up. Error 16
which, according to man, says the peer disconnected the modem.

I have checked and rechecked every conceivable file in ppp. Here are the
last few lines of the error message.(minus the date id# etc.)

  rcvd [IPCP TermReq id=0x2
sent [IPCP TermAck id=0x2
rcvd [ICPC TermReq id=0x3
sent [ICPC TermAck id=0x3
rcvd [LCP TermReq id=0x3
LCP terminated by peer
cbcp_lowerdown
sent [LCP TermAck id=0x3
Hangup (SIGHUP)
Modem hangup
Connection terminated
Exit

Why??? is it doing this? Can any of the Sluggers give me a
clue/fix? Is there something Icould add to the wvdial script to make it
stop doing this? Would really be appreciated. Just have no idea why.

Bob S.