Re: [SLUG] wvdial problem

From: R. Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 04:38:43 EST

Glenn Meyer wrote:

> I use the "stupid mode".
>
> Stupid mode = 1
>
> Works for me.

Thanks for trying Glenn. See my reply to Levi. Funny thing, when I try
to set it to "Stupid Mode=1" I get an error 2, which is a "conflicting
options" message. Again checked everything in the scripts. For the life
of me I cannot see any conflicts. I guess I am operating in the "Stupid
Mode".

> Levi Bard wrote:
>
>>> Hello Sluggers,
>>>
>>> Need help on a nagging long time problem making wvdial work.
>>> I can connect with kppp.
>>>
>>> I can successfully dial up my ISP with wvdial. It negotiates login,
>>> password, and the PAP secrets thing and then abrubtly hangs up. Error 16
>>> which, according to man, says the peer disconnected the modem.
>>>
>>> I have checked and rechecked every conceivable file in ppp. Here are the
>>> last few lines of the error message.(minus the date id# etc.)
>>>
>>> rcvd [IPCP TermReq id=0x2
>>> sent [IPCP TermAck id=0x2
>>> rcvd [ICPC TermReq id=0x3
>>> sent [ICPC TermAck id=0x3