Re: [SLUG] Can't find drivers for CS4236b sound card

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 06:16:37 EST

Hi Paul,
Good to see you here. Here's part of a post Ian had posted a couple of
weeks ago when I was having problems with my thinkpad's sound. You may
want to check them out.

There are a few different sound drivers to consider:

1. FreeOSS
        Built into your Linux kernel
        If your soundcard is supported, it doesn't hurt to try
these first.
2. ALSA
        http://www.alsa-project.org
        For users willing to try something new, ALSA is where you should
really
        consider.
3. OSS - Commercial greatly improved form of FreeOSS
        http://www.opensound.com/
        For users that have issues getting their sound to work,
        I recommend paying for a license.

Mike M.