Re: [SLUG] SOT Linux/SOT Office

From: Kenneth W Hansen (khansen46@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 14:13:44 EST

They are based in Finland. The English site is
www.sot.com/en/
The downloads are at ftp.sot.com

I haven't used OpenOffice.org enough to compare the 2.
I originally ran across SOT Office 2002 by accident
when I was first learning about Linux. The thing that
got me to try it is that they have a version for
Windows. Still Open Source, still free. Sorry, I
forgot to elaborate on that earlier. I am currently
using it on my Win 98 work station at work, and have
been for several months. I'm the only one in the
company using it, and no one can tell from any of my
reports or spreadsheets that they weren't created in
MS. I can also open, modify, and save existing MS
files.
Like I said, I can't vouch for OOo, but I would
imagine they're pressy similar.

Ken