Re: [SLUG] backup solution

From: steve (steve@itcom.net)
Date: Sun Mar 30 2003 - 01:22:41 EST

On Saturday 29 March 2003 22:54, Larry Sanders wrote:
> It Worked !!
> I followed this link, read the documentation, installed the rpms
> on my RedHat 8.0 system. The command was linked in
> /usr/local/bin As root I completed a full backup of my sytem
> 3.3gb
> With compression 9 (highest) it fit on 3 standard cd's.
> I haven't done any recovery yet, but so far it seems to work
> great. Larry

I've been using Mundo for about six months and it works great. For
maximum redundancy and speed I have a big IDE in each server. So
first it tar the data to the IDE. Then copies it to the mundo
backup server. Which then puts it on tape. The IDE's can keep one
weeks data on them, while Mundo keeps one day.

This way the servers are only down for about 25 minutes and I have
multiple backups (besides running RAID 5).

--

Steve ______________________________________________________ (This sig has been left open for your imagination.)